Portrait of a Graduate
"Through study, reflection, community, and service; through big questions, healthy debate, and thought-provoking conversations, San Domenico students graduate as confident scholars of the world, able to identify their purpose, and passion, thereby meeting and exceeding the academic competencies required for success in college and beyond." - Kate Reeser, Director of Upper School
A graduate of San Domenico School will have cultivated and demonstrated the following qualities:
- Graduates will be effective communicators, knowing how to use a range of mediums - from spoken word to digital platforms - to convey ideas and stories with clarity and insight.
Global and Community Change Agent
- Graduates will be Global Citizens rooted in local cultures and environments. They will have an ethical framework which will guide a sustainable life and a pursuit of service.
- Graduates will work effectively with and actively seek out the perspective of peers and adults from diverse backgrounds and viewpoints, working together with empathy, sensitivity, and compassion.
Creative and Critical Thinker
- Graduates will have command of interdisciplinary knowledge and be able to effectively analyze information, evaluate sources, and reconcile conflicting perspectives, affording them the skills to think and create in original ways.
Strong Sense of Meaning & Purpose
- Graduates will be able to identify goals that are meaningful to the self and consequential to the world.
Emotional Intelligence and Wellness
- Graduates will demonstrate emotional intelligence with the ability to identify and manage their emotions, develop healthy interpersonal relationships, and demonstrate a conscious, self-directed and evolving experience of physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being.
Kwan L. ‘19, Boarding Student from Thailand; Matriculated to UC Berkeley
Head Prefect, Dance Ensemble, Dance Department Award, National Honor Society President, Volleyball Team, Cum Laude recipient
Ray Q. ‘19
Boarding Student from China; Matriculated to UC San Diego
Prefect, Basketball Team, Track Team, Veritas Award recipient
Katie M. ’19
Boarding student from Sacramento, CA; Matriculated to Amherst
Prefect, Soccer Team
Frank D. ’19, from China; Matriculated to UCLA
Prefect, San Domenico Singers
Thomas K. ’19, from California; Matriculated to UC Berkeley
Panther of the Year Award, Scholar Athlete of the Year, Track Team, Cross Country Team
Josie G. ’19
Day Student from San Anselmo, California; Matriculated to Cornish College of the Arts
Theatre, Musical Theatre, Swim Team
Aidan K. ‘19
Day student from Fairfax, California; Matriculated to USC
Student Body President, PEWR Department Award, St. Rose of Lima recipient, Film (winner of myriad Film Festivals across the country), Tennis Team