O'Sullivan Soccer Academy At San Domenico School
The 4 PILLARS of the O’Sullivan Soccer Academy are:
- Develop a healthy relationship with exercise and competition at a young age.
- Learn soccer through young positive role models from our community and around
- Give kids confidence in their game through extensive tactical and technical soccer drills
- Develop leadership and team-building skills that can be applied throughout the sports world and beyond.
What connects the counselors and what makes O'Sullivan Soccer Academy such a valuable experience is that we all love working with kids and sharing with them the life lessons the games has given us. We teach kids how to win and lose with respect for yourself and the opposition. Most importantly we stress that having fun doesn’t hinge on winning and losing or being the best player but rather being the best version of yourself!!! We teach kids what the game has taught us; have fun by respecting the game, respecting yourself, and respecting the people around you. - Fiona O'Sullivan
The counselors at O'Sullivan Soccer Academy are hand selected by Fiona. All counselors have played soccer at a high school level or higher and were chosen not only because of their soccer ability but mainly because of their ability to relate the game to kids. “The counselors at O'Sullivan Soccer Academy are positive role models who know how to create a healthy balance between learning the game and having fun.” Our head counselors have all played at the collegiate level and, through extensive youth and some collegiate coaching, have a unique understanding and love for the game.
Session 1 at Drake High School
International Camp | Monday - Friday | July 9-13, 2018 | Ages 5-18
Session 2 at San Domenico School
International Camp | Monday - Friday | July 16-20, 2018 | Ages 5-14
Session 3 at San Domenico School
International Camp | Monday - Friday | July 23-27, 2018 | Ages 5-14
Full Day: Monday - Thursday | 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Half Day: Monday - Thursday | 9:00 am - 12:00 pm or 12:00 - 3:00 pm
Cost is $325 for Full Day, $265 for Half Day.
Following a career as an international soccer star, Fiona O'Sullivan, 30, is now an in-demand coach, trainer, speaker and mentor of young athletes. She operates her well-regarded training operation, O'Sullivan Soccer Academy, in Northern California and is Soccer Director at San Domenico School.
She has played top level club soccer for Marin FC, Division 1 college soccer at University of San Francisco, and professionally in the USA as well as Europe. She has coached camps for 15 years, coached top level ECNL players and national team players at De Anza Force soccer club and has been the Recruiting Director and coach at the University of San Francisco soccer program. A key focus for O'Sullivan is using soccer as a vehicle to help young players become confident and successful on the field and in life.
Professional Soccer Career
- Irish Women's National Team 2009-Present
- Notts County FC - FAWSL - Nottingham, England 2014-Present
- SC Freiburg - Bundesliga - Freiburg, Germany - 2012-2014
- ASJ Soyaux - Feminine 1 - Soyaux, France - 2013
- Kvarnsvedens IK - Damallsvenskan - Kvarnsvedens, Sweden - 2011
- Pitea IF - Damallsvenskan - Pitea, Sweden - 2011
- AIK Stockholm - Damallsvenskan - Stockholm, Sweden - 2010
- California Storm - WPSL - Sacramento, USA - 2009-2010
- Sonoma County Sol - WPSL - Santa Rosa, USA - 2006-2007
Professional Soccer Career Highlights
- 2nd All-Time Goals scored Irish WNT
- 2010 Irish WNT Player of the Year
- SC Freiburg leading goal scorer 2012 & 2014
- California Storm leading goal scorer 2009 & 2010
- Drafted by Chicago Redstars of NWSL 2010 (opted for career in Europe)