Uniforms & Spirit Wear
K-8 Dress Code
A school dress code plays an important part of our school culture by de-emphasizing clothing as a status symbol, promoting school spirit, and easing morning routines. The following is the approved K-8 uniform and spirit wear dress code for SD.
- Short or long sleeve polo shirts in cobalt/royal blue, kelly green, grey, black, khaki, or white and purchased from the San Domenico Store on Lands End Uniforms or the store of your choice.* (Please note that navy blue and forest green will no longer be part of our color palette.)
- Khaki or grey skirts, shorts, skorts, or pants from Lands End or the store of your choice*
- Leggings or bike shorts may be worn under skirts or jumpers in grey, black, or white*
- Sweaters and cardigans may be worn in cobalt/royal blue, kelly green, grey, black, khaki, or white and purchased from Lands End or the store of your choice.*
- Outerwear such as raincoats and jackets may be worn in your color of choice but must be removed in the classroom.
- SD Spirit Wear including sweatshirts, athletic shirts, athletic shorts, and athletic pants. Note that sweatshirts, athletic shirts, athletic shorts, and athletic pants must have the San Domenico logo to be considered SD Spirit Wear.*
- SD approved event-related apparel such as that from school plays, clubs, teams etc.
- Shoes must be safe, comfortable lace-up athletic shoes. No heels or flip-flops are permitted. Rain boots may be worn to school and removed in the classroom.
- Socks of choice
- Hair must be neat and out of the eyes.
- Stud earrings only
- No makeup, hair color, or finger nail polish * Resources listed below
This K-8 Uniform and Spirit Wear Guide is applicable Monday - Friday throughout the school year. Alerts will be sent for designated dress-up days or SD Spirit Wear days. Dress-up day attire may include any combination of khaki or grey bottoms, and polos or button-up shirts. On SD Spirit Wear days we request that students wear only blue or green Lands End casual wear or SD Spirit Wear to show their school spirit.
- Approved uniform and casual wear in grey, khaki, white, and cobalt/royal blue can be found at www.landsend.com/pp/SchoolSearch.html?action=landing&selectedSchoolNum=900114364
- Lands End does allow exchanges at Sears department stores and online
- School Code 900114364
- 24/7 Phone Support at 1-800-469-2222
Additional SD Spirit Wear
- SD Spirit Wear can be found at www.promoplace.com/take3promotions/stores/san-domenico.
- Note that there are no exchanges on this SD Spirit Wear. Samples will be available to try on at the front desk of the SD library.
- For assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Kirstie at email@example.com.
Old Navy, Gap, etc.
- Short or long sleeve polo shirts in cobalt/royal blue, kelly green, grey, black, or white
- Khaki or grey skirts, shorts, skorts, or pants
- Leggings or bike shorts in grey, black, or white
- Sweaters and cardigans may be worn in cobalt/royal blue, kelly green, grey, black, khaki, or white
In the spirit of sustainability, and because kids grow so fast, the SD Uniform Closet provides gently used items at a discounted cost. The Uniform Closet is in the basement of the library, next to the 3D Lab. The Uniform Closet operates primarily on the honor system and proceeds go directly toward scholarships. Contact PSA parent volunteer Pauline Henderson with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.