DRIVING SAFELY IS UP TO YOU
Parents, students, teachers, staff...you play a critical role in keeping Butterfield Road safe. The well-being of our neighbors, children, and animals depend on your safe driving.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping the following in mind:
- When you do have to drive, plan ahead so you are not in a hurry along Butterfield Road, where many children and animals play and walk.
- Even if you are running late, drive at, or below, the posted Speed Limit of 30 mph (25 mph or less in school zones).
- When passing pedestrians and bike riders along the side of the road, slow to 15 mph.
- When a yellow school bus extends their red stop sign, you must stop - even if you are on the opposite side of the road.
- Walk/ride/roll, carpool, and take the bus to and from school whenever possible.
- Remind your children about the importance of their role in bike safety. For information about safety classes, contact the Marin County Bicycle Coalition.
For questions about our SD bus and safe routes program, please contact our Transportation Coordinator, Nancy Meyer at 415.258.1900 or email@example.com. In case of an emergency, call 911 or 415.686.1742
To learn more about Ross Valley Safe Routes to School, please click here.