Your SD Family
Teachers, Mentors, and More
Whether you come to San Domenico from across the world or across the San Francisco Bay, you will find yourself surrounded by staff and students who quickly become your SD family.
- Residential Faculty - Faculty-Student ratio of 1:10. Specially-trained residential faculty and dorm parents supervise the dorms, foster community, and ensure safety and well-being for all students. Supervised, mandatory study hours are held Sunday through Thursday.
- Boarding Students - 125 students from the United States along with 10 other countries make up the Boarding Student population
- Day Students - We currently have 185 High School Day School students and 370 Grades K-8 students, for a total K-12 enrollment of 680 students
- Mentors - Small groups of students from different grades assigned an adult teacher/mentor who guides them through the academic day and residential life.
- Prefects - Eleven Upperclassmen, who act as role models and contribute to a positive student environment. They are like older brothers and sisters for our students.
- Class Deans - Monitor academic progress for students
- Counselors - Monitor social progress, and help students handle the challenges and opportunities of adolescence and boarding school life.
- College Advisors - College advisors meet regularly to help navigate the college planning process and help arrange college tours.
- 7-days a week on-site nurse
- 24-hour on-site security personnel