Grandparents & Special Friends Day 2019
On Friday, November 22, 2019 students, faculty, and staff will welcome Grandparents and Special Friends to campus.
Schedule of Events
Carol Franc Buck Hall of the Arts
- 8:00 am - Reception
- 8:30 am - Welcome
- 9:00 am - Lower, Middle & Upper School Performances
9:40 am - Classroom visits, complimentary photographs, campus tours, soup snack
Dominican Hall Terrace
11:00 am - All-School Thanksgiving Community Reflection
11:30 am - Grandparent & Special Friend Departure
Optional Activity for Grandparents & Special Friends
11:30 am - Students walk to Alice Dupas Brown Library for San Francisco-Marin Food Bank truck loading
12:30 pm - Student Departure (School buses leave at 12:30 pm)
Throughout the morning, photographers will be on campus taking complimentary portraits. A map showing the location of the photo stations will be available the morning of the event.
Grandparents and Special Friends Day will be a 12:30 pm dismissal day for all students, buses leave at 12:30 pm. Buses will also run at 4:45 pm and 6:00 pm. Please visit the Bus & Transportation webpage for the full bus schedule.
If you have any questions or would like to volunteer during the event, please contact Deanna Bruton in the Advancement Office at (415) 258-1931, e-mail email@example.com or sign up through SignUp Genius here.
Invitations are now in the mail. If you would like your Grandparents or Special Friends to receive any invitation, please fill out the contact information form.
If you would like to RSVP for your Grandparent or Special Friend, please contact Deanna Bruton at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 258-1931. To RSVP, please note your Grandparent or Special Friend’s name, children’s names and grades, and if there are any special accommodations or handicapped parking needed.
We look forward to welcoming our special guests to campus!
- What is Grandparents and Special Friends Day?
- Who Can Attend?
- May the students' parents attend the event?
- May more than one grandparent per student attend?
- Where are the parking lots?
- May I reserve a parking space?
- Is there handicapped parking? Where is it located?
- Will there be vans to assist us to and from the parking lots?
- How often will the vans be running?
- Will there be refreshments available?
- I have more than one student I wish to see. Which classroom do I go to?
- How will I find my grandchild/students classrooms?
- May we participate in the classroom visits only? Or just the performance or Thanksgiving Community Reflection?
- Are all the children in the school participating in the performance?
- When can we get our portraits taken with our students?
- How do I get all my grandchildren/students together for our portraits?
Questions? Contact email@example.com or (415) 258-1931