Education & Achievements
Multiple Studies Teaching Credential with an emphasis on Early Childhood Education
Cross Culture and Language Development Certificate (CLAD)
Amy Strousse is a native to the Mendocino Coast, born and raised in the small town of Fort Bragg, California. Amy has over 16 years of experience as an educator in both Public and Private schools. Before moving into admissions Amy taught at PS 1 Elementary School in New York City, Ring Mountain Day School in Mill Valley, and most recently at Children’s Day School in San Francisco where she was both a Teacher and Admissions Associate. She is trained in Lucy Calkins Readers and Writers Workshop, Play works, and Responsive Classroom. Amy is passionate about Social Justice in elementary education and has attended multiple POCIS conferences around the Bay Area. This is her third year working in the admissions world and loves the career change! When not working, Amy enjoys hiking, yoga, good food, gardening, farmers markets, and spending time with her 5-year-old daughter, Mia!
"Being surrounded by natural beauty, down to earth colleagues and kind students makes San Domenico a phenomenal place to work"
- Lucy Calkins Readers and Writers Workshop
- Responsive Classroom Level 1 & 2
- Responsive Classroom Bully Proofing Your Classroom
- Playworks Training; POCIS Conference
- Creating a Diverse Classroom Library Workshop
- Development Continuum Workshop-Diann Osterlund
- CAIS Northern Regional Conferences
- BADA Symposium (2014-2016)
- Enrollment Mangement Association Conference 2016