Student Athletic Code of Conduct
Personal Responsibility as an SD Team Player
In an effort to lessen the disparity between our team ideals and individual behavior, and to personalize these ideals in our athletic experience, the Upper School Athletic Program adopts the following basic expectations of its members:
- I will respect and abide by all school rules, regulations, and policies.
- I will respect the dignity of all persons; therefore, I will not physically, mentally, or psychologically abuse or bully any person.
- I will neither use nor support the use of illegal drugs, alcohol, or the smoking of any substance.
- I will be in school on time every morning and I know I must be in school before 11 am to be eligible to practice or participate in a contest.
- I will exhibit good sportsmanship on and off the field of play.
- I will comply with instructions from all coaches and teachers immediately.
- I will have a physical on file before trying out for the team.
- I will respect the property of others; therefore, I will neither abuse nor tolerate the abuse of property.
- I will use language that is socially acceptable. Profanity, vulgar talk and obscene gestures will not be tolerated.
- I will cooperate with teammates, coaches, and officials.
- I will be on time for practice and team scheduled events.
- I will strive for academic excellence and therefore; I will do my homework, go for extra help when needed, and do whatever it takes to strengthen my high school experience.
- I will attend all practices and games unless I am physically ill. I understand that if I do not attend all practices and games, I will not get P.E. credit and will be removed from the team.