We are excited to announce that we have partnered with EverTrue, a premier advancement and alumni platform, to bring you SD Connect, a San Domenico alumni network at your fingertips!
- Discover what your classmates are up to
- Find jobs
- Locate old friends
- Become a mentor, and reconnect!
SD Connect will integrate contact and employment information from our School’s database, with an added benefit for LinkedIn users, thanks to EverTrue’s exclusive partnership with LinkedIn. Link your profile, and you will instantly be connected to other San Domenico alumni profiles, and be able to enjoy all the benefits and functionality that LinkedIn offers.
SD Connect is officially live! Please register through the link below or through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Please note, all Upper School San Domenico Alumni will automatically be included, unless you take action to opt out.
If the School does not have your email address, you will miss out on this unique opportunity. Contact us today with your updated information to access the vast directory of San Domenico alumni from across generations.
- Who can use San Domenico’s alumni community network and app (SD Connect)?
- How do I access SD Connect?
- How do I login to SD Connect? Do I need to register?
- Do I need to be a registered user of LinkedIn to use SDConnect?
- Can I login with more than one email address?
- What does it mean when my information is 'under review'?
- I have previously requested to receive no mail and/or no email from San Domenico – has my information been included in SD Connect?
- The School does not have my current contact information or email address – how do I opt in to this directory?
- What are the benefits to alumni who use SD Connect?
- How do I navigate to, and manage my Settings?
- How do I update my profile, privacy settings, and contact information?
- How do I connect my LinkedIn?
- Why should I connect my LinkedIn account?
- I am a member of several communities using the EverTrue Alumni Community app—Can I join more than one community? How do I switch between them?
- How do I search for people using the Directory?
- How do I search for people nearby?
- Who are my Professionals to Know?
- What is the School’s policy on using contact information found in SD Connect?
- Can I access San Domenico’s social media pages directly from the app?
- How do I opt out and remove my profile from the SD Connect directory?
On the web, our alumni directory can be accessed at community.evertrue.com/sandomenico. You can also access SD Connect at any time by accessing the portal above.
On your mobile device, access the SD Connect app by searching for "San Domenico Alumni Community" in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
You can sign up with your email address OR login with your LinkedIn account. Either option – it’s up to you! If using an email and password, you will need to verify your email; click on the confirmation link waiting in your inbox. We recommend using your primary email to ensure you receive all communications about the app and login process.
If your email is not recognized, a member of our Alumni Relations Office will review the info you provide to confirm your identity. Once reviewed and approved, you can begin using SD Connect right away.
Like most online platforms, you will set a unique username/email and password to access SD Connect. Whether you create a new set of credentials, or login using LinkedIn, only one email can be used to access the San Domenico alumni community. If you wish to change your login email at any point in the future, please contact the Alumni Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If the School does not have your email address, you will miss out on this unique opportunity. Update your information here and note “SD Connect” in the comments field to access the vast directory of San Domenico alumni from across generations. You can also contact the Alumni Relations Office with your updates (email@example.com or 415-258-1931).
With SD Connect, alumni networking has never been more accessible, connected, or convenient!
- Find old friends and classmates through the Directory Search function. In SD Connect, you will be able to search by name and/or filter by several other useful fields like class year, location, region, industry, or major. Rediscover the joy of connecting!
- Go global and use the map. Are you traveling or looking to meet up with San Domenico alums in other cities? You may search for users across the globe by entering any zip code, city, state, or country. SD Connect will automatically show you alumni nearby through an interactive map with pushpins indicating fellow alumni in your area.
- Benefit from the features of LinkedIn with professional networking. When connected via LinkedIn, you can view the LinkedIn profiles of fellow alums, the connections you have in common, and network within your chosen field. Anything marked as private in LinkedIn remains private. Don’t forget to list San Domenico in the education section of your LinkedIn profile, and be sure to join the San Domenico School Alumni Network in LinkedIn! You can also benefit from the Professionals to Know feature: SD Connect will use your self-identified LinkedIn industry to pull a list of other alums in that same industry. This is a great way to network within your chosen field.
- Become a mentor to fellow alumni. Share your professional expertise with other community members! If you elect to become a mentor, users will see a "Mentor" tag on your profile.
In the mobile app, you can access Settings and manage your account by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner; in the web version you can access Settings under the avatar icon in the top right corner.
Within Settings you may do the following:
- Become a Mentor
- Connect to LinkedIn
- Make changes to your profile visibility
- Change your password
Unless you take action to opt out, your primary contact information will automatically be visible within SD Connect; this includes your name, class year, address, phone number(s), email address, and employment.
You can make updates to your own profile by clicking on your profile icon and clicking 'Suggest Updates to your Profile'. Under 'Manage Settings' you may also choose to make your profile visible to everyone, or visible only to yourself, under “Profile Visibility”.
If you wish to customize your settings so that particular information is not visible to other constituents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can edit your profile on a case-by-case basis.
To protect the integrity of the alumni database, you cannot directly change contact information in real time. Once update requests are received by our office, we will process these changes in our database and your profile will be updated. Please note, it may take up to 5 business days for your changes to appear in the directory.
You can login to the app using your LinkedIn credentials, which will automatically connect your LinkedIn account to your profile. However, if you choose to authenticate using a different email and password, you can still connect your LinkedIn account via Settings at any later time. Simply click the gear icon (mobile app) or avatar icon (web version) at the top right of the menu page to enable LinkedIn features and benefits.
The app allows you to connect and network with other SD alumni using LinkedIn. Being connected via LinkedIn enhances some of the app’s built-in features, like Professionals to Know and other filtering options. Once you are connected via LinkedIn, you can view information that people have included in their LinkedIn profiles, along with the number of connections you have in common. Anything marked as private in LinkedIn remains private. Don’t forget to list San Domenico in the education section of your LinkedIn profile, and be sure to join the LinkedIn San Domenico Alumni Network group!
EverTrue gives you the ability to not only be a part of any and all communities that you belong to, but also switch between communities quickly. You can use the same credentials for all communities you belong to as long as each organization has that email in their database. To switch between communities, go to Settings and select “Change Community.”
To perform a search in the mobile app directory, click 'Directory', and then search by name using the magnifying search icon in the top right corner; to perform a search in the web version, use the 'Search by Name' search bar at the top of the page. You can search by name and/or filter by several other useful fields like class year, location, industry, or company.
In the app version, click 'Alumni Nearby'; in the web version click on the 'Nearby' tab in the navigation bar toward the top of the page. A map will appear with pushpins indicating people in your area. Clicking on one of these pushpins will open that alum’s listing in the directory. To view that alum’s full profile, click the round information button to the right of their name. You may also click the “List” tab to see a list of nearby alums (bottom right corner of map in the app version; navigation bar at top of the page on web version).
This directory, and the contact information herein, is for the private use of San Domenico alumni only and may not be used for any purpose not sanctioned by the School.
Please remember that the contacts you have access to via this San Domenico alumni directory are for private connections between San Domenico School alumni only; it is highly inappropriate to use these contacts for personal business development of any kind.
If you would like to keep your record/profile hidden to other users, use the "Hide My Information" option under Settings. Alternatively, you can contact the Alumni Relations Office via the "Suggest Updates to Profile" option to assist you with this suppression.
If you wish to be excluded from the SD Connect alumni directory altogether, please contact email@example.com.
To reiterate, this directory is an opt-out format, so if you take no action, your profile may be visible to fellow alumni.
Do you have questions not answered here?
If so, please contact the San Domenico Alumni Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-258-1931.