San Domenico School Library Program
From the Library Strategic Plan
The primary goals of the San Domenico school library program are, 1) to support the school’s curriculum with current resources that students find useful and of interest, 2) develop student’s appreciation for literature and support their literacy development, and 3) teach the necessary information literacy and technology skills that help students become independent, lifelong learners.
Family Library Accounts & Trainings
The San Domenico Library cordially invites you to experience all the resources our library has to offer by opening a Family Library Account. With that account you may borrow books and other library resources either for your children or for yourselves. Make visiting the library with your child a weekly excursion! We will also be glad to show you how to use our online catalog and information databases found on the Library homepage.
San Domenico School Online Resources
(All online resources are accessible from library home page by clicking the Academics tab and scrolling down to Library. Make this page a shortcut on your desktop using this link to the Library Web page)
- Online Library Catalog (no UN or PW)
- Online access to the library’s print collection
- MARINet & Links + (free to search but you must have a library card to borrow)
- Link to the Marin County Library or a consortium of 100’s of public and University Libraries for Interlibrary loans
- EbscoHost (Explora) Magazine, Journal & Newspaper Database (UN: sandomenico PW: library)
- over 3500 publications / millions of articles
- Email articles
- Citation maker
- Ed1Stop (UN: domenico PW: library)
- BrainPop & BrainPop Jr. (animated tutorials on all academic subjects)
- Khan Academy (Online tutorials on all academic subjects)
- World Almanac For Kids (Encyclopedia & Research website for ages 8-12)
- Calisphere (Cal. primary sources & photographs)
- NOVA (PBS)
- AP Images (Image database & news resource)
- NASA for Kids
- National Archives Link
- Library of Congress Link
- Animated, educational videos on all subjects done with a hip-hop theme.
- Netflix Account
Staff may order DVD's or streaming videos from Netflix by contacting librarian, Scott Fletcher. DVD's arrive within 2-3 days so please plan ahead.
- Bookmarked Websites
- The library page has links to hundreds of student-friendly web pages for all subject areas. Direct your students to quality web sites rather than having them “surf” the web. See the list of subject headings under Curriculum Web Resources.