Accreditations & Memberships
The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) is a nonprofit membership association that provides services to more than 1,800 schools and associations of schools in the United States and abroad, including more than 1,500 independent private K-12 schools in the U.S. Independent schools are non-profit private schools that are independent in philosophy: each is driven by a unique mission. They are also independent in the way they are managed and financed: each is governed by an independent board of trustees and each is primarily supported through tuition payments and charitable contributions. They are accountable to their communities and are accredited by state-approved accrediting bodies.
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
The Association of Boarding Schools is comprised of independent, college-preparatory, not-for-profit boarding schools in the U.S., Canada and around the globe. TABS is the comprehensive, indispensable resource for educators seeking training, research, guidance, and support on all issues pertaining to the residential school experience.
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
The California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) is a non-profit organization of 190 elementary, middle and secondary schools in California. The Association serves and strengthens its schools by setting standards of academic quality and ethical conduct, by providing for the professional growth of faculty, administrators, and trustees, and by promoting ethnic and socio-economic diversity.
Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC)
Today the process developed by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), involves a dual purpose that continues the expectation that schools must be worthy of the trust placed in them to provide high quality learning opportunities, but with the added requirement that they clearly demonstrate that they are about the critical business of continual self-improvement.
Independent Curriculum Group (ICG)
The Independent Curriculum Group is a learning community of engaged academic leaders and schools working to promote the transformation of teaching and learning. Collaborating through our Partner Program and our events, resources, and services, individuals and institutions build capacity in the development of effective curriculum based on their unique missions and the special resources, needs, talents, and passions of their own communities of educators and learners.
San Domenico School Memberships
- NAIS-National Association of Independent Schools
- AISAP-Association of Independent School Admission Professionals
- ASTA-American String Teachers Association
- BADA-Bay Area Directors of Admissions
- BAAD-Bay Area Admission Directors
- IEA - Interscholastic Equestrian Association
- AET - American Educational Therapists
- DASS - Dominican Association of Secondary Schools
- NASC-National Association of Student Councils
- NBOA-National Business Officers Association
- NAESP-National Association of Elementary School Principals
- NASSP- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- NFHS-National Federation of High Schools
- NGA-National Gardening Association
- NGS-National Geography Society
- NHS-National Honor Society
- NMSA-National Middle Schools Association
- NSTA-National Science Teachers Association
- NWF-National Wildlife Federation
- SFMOMA-San Francisco Museum of Modern Arts
- SHRM-Society of Human Resources Management
- TABS-The Association of Boarding Schools
- WBSA-Western Boarding Schools Association
San Domenico School does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national, and/or ethnic origin, age, gender or disability in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletic, and other school-administered programs.