Rose Facial Toner from the Garden of Hope
ROSE FACIAL TONER
TO MAKE THE ROSE WATER
- Organic Roses (as many as you like-I used 7 stems)
- Distilled water (enough to cover the rose petals- I used about 1.5 litres)
TO MAKE THE ROSE FACIAL TONER
- 1 T. pure rosewater (recipe above)
- About 4 T. of distilled water (or enough to fill your spray bottle)
- 1 2.5 ounce spray bottle
- Remove petals from stems and run them under luke-warm water to remove any leftover residue.
- Add petals to a large pot and top with enough distilled water to just cover (no more or you'll dilute your rosewater).
- Over medium-low heat bring the water to a simmer and cover.
- Let simmer for 20-30 minutes or until petals have lost their color and are a pale pink.
- Strain the mixture to separate the petals from the water.
- Discard petals and place water in a spray bottle and shake.
Spray directly on face or spray a cotton pad and wipe face to remove any residue.