We've got so many cool people in our SD community and we thought you'd like to get to know some of them. Follow along at #FacesOfSD. Here, meet Ramon Zavala.
- How long have you been at San Domenico?
I have been at SD for 13 years.
- What is your favorite food at SD?
I think the best food at SD is BBQ Days.
- What is your favorite place on campus?
My favorite place on campus is The Garden Of Hope.
- What is your favorite annual event at San Domenico?
My favorite annual event at SD is Graduation Day.
- What do you imagine doing when you grow up?
When I am older I would like to retire and live in a beautiful house.
- What brings you joy?
I am joyful about my family and to be at San Domenico.
- What do you dream about these days?
I dream about living a peaceful life with my wife and grandkids.
- What activities do you participate in at SD?
Activities I participate in at SD include making meals for the students, faculty, and staff, as well as catering events for the school.
- After working hard in school all week, what is your ideal weekend?
Spending time with my family and watching a movie.
- What are some of your most significant academic achievements?
Culinary school and learning English as second language at the College of Marin.
- What is one of your most significant personal achievements?
Moving up from dishwasher all the way up to chef, going through most positions within the kitchen.
Thank you for sharing and for being part of our community, Ramon. SD is lucky to have you!