School: (415) 258-1990 ext. 1539
Annemarie is a graduate of Roberts Wesleyan College with a BS in math education. After teaching math in both public and private schools, she expanded into the area of science and found a strong connection. Her approach to teaching has been greatly influenced by project based learning with the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Science Inquiry Foundation at the Exploratorium, and connecting current research to teaching with the Buck Institute. You will find her class a dynamic, student-centered place to ask questions and explore answers. With over 20 years experience in the classroom, Annemarie has worked as a curriculum coordinator, middle school division chair and supervised nationally recognized students for the Canadian National Science Fair. At San Domenico, Annemarie has served as seventh grade moderator and is currently a co-chair for the science department and the seventh grade Life Science teacher. When not teaching, Annemarie enjoys hiking and stargazing.
Publications and Presentations
- California Academy of Sciences - Next Generation Science Standards Spotlight: Connecting with the Crosscutting Concepts
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Project Based Teacher Institute
- STEAM Engine Institute - Buck Institute for Research on Aging
- Fundamentals of Inquiry - Exploratorium
- Next Generation Science Standards Symposium