Academic Year 2022-2023 (Full-Time 1.0 FTE)
Who We Are
At San Domenico, we believe that what students do with their education is as important as their academic performance. Everyday we encourage our students to not just study, but also to reflect on their learning, find their purpose, and celebrate in community, because an exceptional education, where values and academics join together, creates more than just great students – it develops great people.
San Domenico School, a K-12 independent school in San Anselmo, is seeking a dynamic
professional for the role of Upper School Counselor/Health Educator for the 2021-2022 school year. The school's Counseling Department is in place to offer on-campus support and programs that enhance the overall health and wellness of our students and families through a focus on social and emotional learning. Each of the counselors in the Counseling Department provides mental health services (including one-on-one guidance, problem-solving, and access to outside resources; they do not provide formal psychotherapy), student and parent educational programs, and a wide range of wellness resources. This position is a Faculty position reporting to the Associate Director of Upper School.
Key Responsibilities of the Upper School Counselor/Health Educator:
- Facilitate short term one-on-one and small group discussions with students grades 9 - 12
- Lead the development, implementation and teaching of the health and wellness curriculum for 9th grade Human Development and 10th Grade Wellness classes, as well as 11th and 12th-grade “LifeSkills” workshops, with colleagues in student support and classroom teachers.
- Coordinate parent education programming, in conjunction with other school-level counselors.
- Collaborate closely with the US Student Support Team and Learning Support to meet students’ needs.
- Support the classroom teachers with finding ways to help students succeed.
- Contribute to Residential Life Program at applicable and appropriate times.
- Implement health and wellness curriculum for 9th grade Human Development, in conjunction with other 9th grade specialists.
- Serve on the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee.
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults.
- Experience with short-term one on one and/or small group counseling with students.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing a variety of social-emotional and anti-bullying school-based programs.
- Experience conducting parent education seminars about relevant child development and social-emotional topics.
- 3 + years of counseling experience in a school or other clinical setting
- Masters or Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology or Social Work
- CA Mental Health Licensure Required
- Classroom teaching experience.
- Experience with teens or High School students preferred
Salary commensurate with experience, plus an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/matching 403b retirement plan, and daily lunch.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter describing how your experience and skills will contribute to the position, along with your resume and salary requirements, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail to:
San Domenico School
1500 Butterfield Road
San Anselmo, CA 94960
Attn: Upper School Counselor / Health Educator Position
San Domenico School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
No phone calls, please.