Academic Year 2021-2022 (K-12)
Who We Are
At San Domenico, we believe that what students do with their education is as important as their academic performance. Every day we encourage our students to not just study, but also to reflect on their learning, find their purpose, and celebrate in community, because an exceptional education, where values and academics join together, creates more than just great students – it develops great people. San Domenico is a K-12, co-ed school, with international boarding and day students in our Upper School.
San Domenico School seeks substitute teachers to teach various classes at all grade levels (K–12) and in all subject areas when lead teachers are absent. Substitute Teachers play a key role in helping maintain safe, consistent, and productive learning experiences and environments for all. The ideal candidate is a responsible, flexible, child-friendly person with relevant classroom teaching experience. A teaching credential is not required and substitute teachers are hired on an as-needed basis. Additional responsibilities may be considered based on individual interests and experience.
Responsibilities of On-Call Substitute Teacher
This role reports to the school level director and responsibilities will include the following:
- Leading in-person instruction across various grade levels as needed.
- Execute the teacher’s lesson plans and report back to the teacher any concerns or issues from the day
- Facilitating and monitoring safety routines, including COVID-19 policies and procedures, as needed
- Maintain a safe, productive learning environment for the students in the classroom and on the playground
- Collaborate with and support the grade level or departmental team
- Social-emotional learning support for students
- Assist with various duties and provide support for teachers and students as needed
- Accompanying students and attending some specialist classes and/or off-campus field trips, as needed.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree or strong academic background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Computer proficiency (iPad, Mac computer, Gmail/Google Drive, experience with Reach, preferred
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard
- Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills
- Has a love of learning and inspiring others to do the same
- Demonstrated skills as an independent yet highly collaborative learner
$25/hour ($200 per day) and daily lunch.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter via email to hr@SanDomenico.org, describing how your experience and skills will contribute to the position, along with your resume and salary requirements.
Or mail to:
San Domenico School
1500 Butterfield Road
San Anselmo, CA 94960
Attn: On-Call Substitute Teacher
San Domenico School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
No phone calls, please.