Academic Year 2022-2023 (Full-Time 1.0 FTE)
Who We Are
At San Domenico, we believe that what students do with their education is as important as their academic performance. Every day we encourage our students to not just study, but also to reflect on their learning, find their purpose, and celebrate in community, because an exceptional education, where values and academics join together, creates more than just great students – it develops great people. San Domenico is a K-12, co-ed school, with international boarding and day students in our Upper School.
The Athletic Trainer will provide training coverage for high school athletic and boarding programs. The Athletic Trainer will be present at home athletic contests and practices and can travel with teams when directed by the Athletic Director. The duties of the Athletic Trainer include, but are not limited to, the prevention of athletic injuries; recognition, evaluation, and the immediate care of athletic injuries. The Athletic Trainer shall serve as a liaison of physical health support to athletes, coaches of the athletes, Athletic Directors, physicians, and parents.
- Provide first aid and injury assessment/treatment/rehabilitation/reconditioning for San Domenico student-athletes.
- Develop and implement individualized rehabilitation and reconditioning for injured students.
- The athletic trainer will also be responsible for making appropriate physician referral.
- Provide coverage at home events and practices
- Work with the Strength and Conditioning coach to evaluate and implement sport specific conditioning programs.
- Maintain an effective and efficient athletic training room
- Maintain communication with parents and the boarding program on the care & treatment of their student-athletes.
- Will be a liaison for athletes, coaches, parents and Health Services
- File and share all necessary reports associated with athletic injuries and/or incidents with Health Services.
- Advise athletes on the proper use of training equipment and exercises.
- Tape, wrap, and bandage athletes to prevent injury or re-injury.
- Administer care for fractures, dislocations, sprains, strains, concussion, contusions, cuts, and abrasions.
- Provide basic First Aid supplies to control bleeding, perform CPR, and provide basic splinting for fracture/dislocation immobilization to injured athletes.
- Follow physicians’ orders to implement comprehensive rehabilitation program(s) for athletic injuries and boarding students.
- Maintain a daily treatment log
- Share professional literature relative to athletic training with the school’s coaching staff.
- Update and order all training room supplies and equipment.
- Supply and update each team with appropriate medical equipment bags.
- Maintain and monitor the yearly physical forms and consent forms as established by the CIF
- Work with and track coaching staff on yearly coaching certifications.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (iPad, Mac computer, Gmail/Google Drive, MS Office – Word, Excel)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Collaborative mindset and effective consensus-building skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional leadership and flexibility
- At least three years of coaching and/or teaching experience
- Certified through the Board of Certification and have gone through a CAATE approved educational degree which is either a masters degree or a bachelor’s degree.
Skills and Functions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents and students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to participate in physically demanding athletic activities
- Ability to travel (possibly driving) off-campus for athletic competitions using school-provided vans.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Adheres to the highest level of professionalism by demonstrating honesty, integrity and maturity
Salary commensurate with experience, plus an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/matching 403b retirement plan, daily lunch.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to hr@SanDomenico.org describing how your experience and skills will contribute to the position, along with your salary requirements. Please put the title of the position in the subject line of your email.
Or mail to:
San Domenico School
1500 Butterfield Road
San Anselmo, CA 94960
Attn: Certified Athletic Trainer
San Domenico School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability, medical condition, religion, veteran status, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
No phone calls, please.