Healthy Community Commitment
Release of Liability
During the COVID-19 pandemic, San Domenico School remains committed to providing students with an exceptional educational experience. As part of the educational program for the 2021-22 school year, the School plans to offer on-campus, in-person instruction. We recognize that community transmission of COVID-19 continues, and we all play a role in slowing its spread. We must take precautions in order to return to campus and also must be ready to make further adjustments and changes to our plans in response to the circumstances.
To prepare to invite students back to our campus, we carefully considered recommended guidance and best practices for reopening the school, and we will update health and safety protocols in accordance with Marin County Department of Public Health guidelines. It is only with your partnership and support that our efforts can be effective. Please discuss the School's policies with students before school begins. Parents and guardians should also be familiar with the requirements of Marin County and the state, which are available here https://coronavirus.marinhhs.org/ and here https://covid19.ca.gov/.
Across all school levels, while on campus, San Domenico supervises students attentively, tracks daily attendance, and upholds a range of behavioral expectations that contribute to health and safety. We also expect all students, parents, staff, and faculty to partner with us, both on and off campus, to do your part in support of our collective health and safety.
As part of this partnership, we are asking all employees, students and families to commit to this Healthy Community Commitment representing an understanding of our shared responsibility and acknowledgment of the behaviors needed to promote safety, trust, respect, belonging, and inclusion for all.
As a valued member of the San Domenico community, I understand it is my duty to not only protect myself, but also those around me, including those who may be more vulnerable, in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19. I will do my part by acting in a responsible manner at school and away from school, understanding that making my own health and safety a top priority protects us all. I agree to abide by all behaviors, policies, procedures, and orders related to COVID-19 implemented by the state, county, and School. Specifically:
FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS BEFORE RETURNING TO CAMPUS I/MY FAMILY WILL:
- Self-quarantine as a family to the best of our ability so as to limit potential exposure to COVID-19 by staying at home as much as possible. We will avoid group gatherings, refrain from travel outside of our local area, and strictly follow all local and state regulations and public health orders related to preventing the spread of COVID-19.
ON CAMPUS I/MY FAMILY WILL:
- Wear an appropriate face covering at all times unless otherwise directed.
- Practice good personal hygiene consistent with public health protocols, such as frequent hand washing for twenty seconds, appropriately covering coughs and sneezes, use of hand sanitizers before and after leaving campus buildings, and wiping down surfaces myself when arriving at and upon leaving a communal or community space.
- Follow directional signs on pathways and in buildings.
- Whenever feasible, maintain required social-distance between myself and any other person, with the understanding that I do not have to maintain distance from my immediate family members, or, if a boarding student, my roommate within my own room.
- Follow on-campus traffic flow.
- Respond cooperatively and respectfully to reminders that I follow these protocols.
OFF CAMPUS/AT HOME, I/ MY FAMILY WILL:
- Avoid large gatherings and environments in which people are not observing recommended behaviors, such as wearing masks and practicing physical distancing.
- Use the School’s designated web-based tool, SchoolPass, to accurately report the results of personal daily health checks, including temperature-taking.
- Remain at home (or in my dormitory room) and notify an appropriate adult if I experience COVID-19 symptoms.
- Follow instructions if I or my student tests positive for COVID-19 and is required to isolate, or if I learn that I have come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 and am required to quarantine.
- Participate in Marin Public Health’s contact tracing program as requested and share complete information with contact tracers about others who may be exposed.
- Seek testing for COVID-19, as directed by the School or Marin Public Health.
- Strongly consider having all students in our household receive a seasonal flu vaccination this fall.
I/we understand that failure to adhere to this Healthy Community Commitment may put other members of our school community at considerable risk, and that those who do not honor these commitments may be asked to leave campus and complete the semester remotely.