After School Care
EXTra—A safe place to land so our students can soar
Welcome to EXTra, San Domenico Lower School’s aftercare program for children who need a safe place to land when the regular school day has ended. We serve children in developmentally appropriate ways and work closely with families to accommodate each child’s needs. We allow each student time to explore, play, create, and complete homework in a safe, nurturing environment. There are various options depending on the grade level of students.
Schedule (3:00-5:00 pm)
A typical day for a Lower School student staying in EXTra would consist of:
- Kindergarten children will be escorted to the library @ 3:00 pm by EXTra Staff.
- First through 5th grade students escorted to the library @ 3:05 pm by assigned teacher.
- Snack at 3:15 pm
- Homework help and activities designed to enhance the current curriculum (arts and crafts, games and quiet activities) in the Library or the Chase Your Dreams Field.
- Teacher escort to dismissal, bus routes or after school activities.
- Later stay (up to 6:15 pm) available only by special request with at least 48 hours notice.
Change and Cancellation Policy
24-hour notice is required for cancellations or drop-ins. Drop-ins are available as enrollment permits. Cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance may be subject to charge for the reserved time.
For more information please contact EXTra@SanDomenico.org